This table contains preformatted versions of the boilerplate text that goes at the top of files which are licensed under the OFPL/ LGPL/ GPL (the preferred license for Open-Firewall code) or the OFPL. Please always use these templates when adding files to the tree: they are carefully formatted so that future updates to the boilerplate will be easy to make.
The usage of the license boilerplate text is as follows:
- All Open Firewall files should use the OFPL/LGPL/GPL tri-license unless you know of some specific reason why they should not. In the latter case, please ask in open-firewall mainteners before checking the file into the codebase.
- Other projects and other Web tools, may be using the OFPL only. Please use the license your project is using in these cases.
- Binary files are covered by the same license as any text files in that directory. If a certain directory has a mixture of licenses, add a file called COPYING explaining the situation.
- Use the "Save Link As..." feature in your browser to download them.
- All ______ fields must be filled in with appropriate text.
- No sections of the boilerplate text may be removed or changed.
- When changing a file, be sure to update its Contributors section as well as the years of copyright, if appropriate.
|.c, .cpp, .css, .h, .idl, .js, .java, .msg||.sh, .pl, .mk, Makefile, makefile.win, MANIFEST||.in||.html, .xml, .xul, .rdf, .dtd||.txt|
by Nicolas Bélan